Lighted Christmas Parade
Saturday, December 9, 2017
Fayetteville’s Chamber of Commerce invites you to participate in our Lighted Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Enclosed are the Entry and Disclaimer Forms. Please complete and return pages 2-3 on or before Wednesday December 6, 2017. The forms may be mailed to Parade Entry, P.O. Box 217, Fayetteville TX 78940 OR emailed to
Late entry and disclaimer forms will be accepted at check-in.
Entry forms and disclaimer forms are required to participate. No exceptions.
This is a non-judged Parade.
REQUIREMENTS & RECOMMENDATIONS:
1. All entries must be lighted. (Christmas music would be a great addition.)
2. NO ENTRIES MAY HAVE A SANTA or a SAINT NICHOLAS. Elves and other Christmas characters are welcomed. If you plan to have a Mrs. Claus, please check with the Chamber first. There will only be one Mrs. Claus allowed.
3. NO THROWING OR HANDING OUR OF ANY ITEMS. We do not want children going into the street in the dark.
4. Completed entry form and disclaimer form must be supplied upon check-in order to participate. No exceptions.
5. We recommend that you bring a flash light, warm clothing, warm drinks etc.
PARADE DAY DIRECTIONS:
1. 4-5:30 PM—All entries should arrive and check in at Old Fire Station on Square. We will have extra forms on hand.
2. PARK WHERE ASSIGNED UPON CHECK-IN. THOSE ARRIVING AFTER 5:30 PM WILL BE LINED UP AT THE END OF THE PARADE.
3. Restrooms are located in the Old Fire Station on the square.
4. After dropping off participants, park in a non-parade parking space.
5. 5:45 PM—Be ready to take off, have everyone in place and be ready to move along in line as the entry in front of you moves into the parade route.
6. Parade entries will enter the Old Fire Station parking area where the announcing will take place. As you enter, your entry form and disclaimer will be collected. Completed forms are required of every participant.
7. Maintain 3-5 car length spacing and a smooth steady pace throughout the parade. Pay attention to the folks spacing the parade and stops along the parade route.
8. The Parade starts and finished at the Square. Please make arrangements for riders to be picked up at the Square.
9. After the parade, stay on the Square for the tunes of the Larry Sodek Band and other festivities.
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Cubage (979) 877-5290 (cell). Thank you for participating in the 2017 Lighted Christmas Parade, and we look forward to seeing you on the 9th of December!